This is 11 year old girl with seizure disorders. MRI shows presence of asymmetrical enlargement of right cerebral hemisphere relative to left with thickening of gyri, which suggests possibility of congenital hemimegalencephaly. Hemimegalencephaly is a rare congenital disorder of cortical formation with hamartomatous overgrowth of part of all of a cerebral hemisphere. This results from either increased proliferation or decreased apoptosis (or both) of developing neurons. Case submitted by Dr Swati Shah, FRCR.
- ► 2014 (213)
- Telerad Providers featured in Hindustan Times
- Causes of Medical Malpractice Suits against Radiol...
- Grey Matter-DAMS National Quiz
- Top Medical PG Coaching Institute-DAMS
- Is it ethical to add to referring physician's orde...
- Radiology Department on a Hospital Ship-Africa Mer...
- Stroke & Smart Phones
- DICOM Conference in India
- Oncological CT Follow Up-Linked to Second Cancer I...
- Stensen's Duct-MRI
- Achilles Tendinopathy-MRI
- The Beatles & CT- History that you never knew
- LAD SPASM
- Now Sony offer innovative Radiology products.
- Occipital Encephalocele: Fetal MRI
- 10th Year of RadBlogging
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (282)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (191)
- ► 2008 (194)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (221)
- ► 2005 (158)