Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Radiology News

radiology

Synovial Osteochondromatosis


Synovial osteochondromatosis is characterized by synovial membrane metaplasia, hyperplasia, and hyaline or myxoid change. The synovial lining of a joint, bursa, or tendon sheath undergoes nodular proliferation, and fragments may break off from the synovial surface into the joint. In this location, where they are nourished by synovial fluid, the fragments may grow, calcify, or ossify.

Dr.Sumer K Sethi, MD
Consultant Radiologist ,VIMHANS and CEO-Teleradiology Providers
Editor-in-chief, The Internet Journal of Radiology
Director, DAMS (Delhi Academy of Medical Sciences
Synovial Osteochondromatosis Reviewed by Sumer Sethi on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 Rating: 5

3 comments:

mother2be said...

I have osteochondromatosis and have had my whole life I am now 21. For people who want to know what it is or what it's like to have this condition that's not explained by a doctor but in an easier way, it is bone growths growing where your joints are (many of these sites say mostly in one joint but for me I have them almost every where) they can grow in fingers, knees, ankles, toes, feet, back, ribs, wrist, elbows, etc... It is painful when it wants to act up sometimes your joints can lock together but it is not painful everyday! In order to get rid of these you get them surgically removed. I have had two taken out one in my ankle and one in my knee, those ones just kept hurting me and my knee kept locking in place and they had also grew large where it was noticeable. My orthopedic doctor has told me that they can but it's rare turn into cancer if not taken care of such as if they grow too large and/or hurt where they are unbearable to handle. I hope this information has helped your search.

Anonymous said...

I was just diagnosed with this 2 days ago and am waiting the results of an MRI. I have this in my right hip and have had some terrible pain for a few weeks. The idea of surgery sort of scares me but I know it will be necessary. Can they do it arthoscopically (sp?) on my hip?

Anonymous said...

wow gold
wow power leveling
wow gold
buy wow gold
wow powerleveling
cheap wow gold
wow power level
gold wow
wow powerlevel
wow gold cheap
power leveling
wow gold buy
powerleveling
World of Warcraft Gold
world of warcraft Power leveling
wow power leveling
world of warcraft Powerleveling
lotro gold
power leveling wow
buy lotro gold
powerleveling wow
cheap lotro gold
wowgold

All Rights Reserved by Sumer's Radiology Blog © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger,

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

All contents copyrights with Sumer Sethi. Powered by Blogger.