The radiographic changes of hydrostatic oedema are quite characteristic. In the normal adult, the lower lobe pulmonary vessels are larger than the upper lobe vessels due to gravitational forces. As the left-sided pressure increases, the blood is diverted to the upper lobes. This results in "cephalization" with the upper lobe vessels becoming larger than the lower lobe vessels. As left heart pressure increases, fluid enters the peribronchovascular interstitium. As the interstitium becomes oedematous, the interlobular septa become prominent and the markings indistinct. Pleural effusions are frequent in the more severe stages of left heart failure with a slight predominance to the right.
- ► 2013 (213)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (282)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (191)
- ► 2008 (194)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (221)
- ► 2005 (158)
- Sequestrum- A large rod-like sequestrum is observe...
- Chest radiograph demonstrates decreased pulmonary ...
- STRING OF BEADS
- Fibromuscular dysplasia condition of unknown ae...
- Pulmonary edema
- Lateral radiograph of a lumbar vertebral body demo...
- Paget's disease Lateral radiograph of the skull d...
- Barium swallow in a child showing typical appearan...
- sheperd's crook deformity femur-typical of fibrous...
- air bronchogram-- a classical sign described by fl...
- small densely calcified nonfunctioning right kid...
- IMAGING IN BILIARY ATRESIA
- the classic waterlily sign of hydatid!!!!!COPYRIGH...
- History of X-rays
- indian conference calender
- hydatid cyst lung.. a classical CXR appearance alt...
- MITRAL STENOSIS-RADIOLOGICAL FINDINGS
- on line book purchasing
- cranial USG showing bilateral subdural effusion.. ...
- choledocolithiasis-the classical meniscus sign at ...
- MR imaging bladder
- normal barium meal follow through jejunum has valv...
- "pneumatocele" a characterstic of staphylococcal p...
- visit my message board
- "widened intercondylar notch knee" classical featu...
- Nonvisualization of Appendix on CT Linked With Low...
- OSTEOSARCOMA-"SUNRAY APPEARANCE"
- HEMOLYTIC ANEMIA
- posterior urethral valve
- Short Service Commission Notification with the Arm...
- important facts radiotherapy
- MR SAFETY AND CEREBROSPINAL FLUID SHUNT VALVES
- COPD X-RAY changes
- Alobar Holoprosencephaly Holoprosencephaly is a c...
- Renal Transit Time with MR Urography in Children
- Müllerian Duct Anomalies: Imaging and Clinical Iss...
- interesting syndrome
- RSNA 2004
- WHITAKER TEST
- official links for indian medicos
- Radiology quiz
- Radiology of pulmonary infections
- Reviews to My Book "Review of Radiology"
- quote of the day
- RADIOTHERAPY TUTORIAL
- SGPGI FORMS OUT!!!
- Immediate Computed Tomography Scanning of Acute St...
- radiologists, say good bye to cardiac CT!!!!
- PRIMARY PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS
- PGI forms out
- DOUBLE BUBBLE SIGN
- quote of the day
- orbital cysticercosis
- PUTTY KIDNEY
- ultrasound simulators
- ▼ October (57)