On a side note, this is probably a new beginning for Microsoft. Recently I bought Microsoft Surface Pro4 my first non-Apple tab and I have  not taken my laptop out of the cupboard ever since. Yet another change seems to be coming on mobile and tablet platform with Microsoft going the aggressive  way.   I feel they would populate the windows based ecosystem to compete with android and apple, and lead yet another change.
World is changing faster than anyone can imagine.  Traditional way of doing things are changing faster than ever before. We are living in a hyper-connected and feedback governed world. Movie is released today and by evening your facebook feed is full of reviews and by next morning verdict is out on the wall.  Even before going to a hotel on vacation, you know what to expect on trip advisor.   You need to learn to run even before you know how to walk.
There is nothing permanent except change.