Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Radiology News

radiology

Road less traveled


There are times when a student would ask me in a confused tone: I want to do this (book or course), but no one else I know is doing this, should I carry on? My answer to them is:  if you want something that most people don’t get, you have to do something which you feel strongly about and (you) don’t wait for popular approval. If you keep conforming to the majority, you remain a part of the majority and majority do not top any exam.   This holds true for almost everything in life as well. To win big, you have to risk taking the "less traveled road”.  There is a risk of unknown on such roads and there are no past records to guide you, but there you are, on your own, on the less traveled road with only your gut feeling, your instinct to show you the path.  That’s the thrill of the choosing such a path.  Few people have the ability to take risks while most are happy being the sheep following the herd.  Sheep looks for safety not for glory.   The same holds true about leadership, leaders cannot be afraid of change, they need to constantly look to reinvent the way things are done and find new roads where people could see none. If someone asks me what decision has paid me maximum reward in life, it was choosing the road less traveled.

As the famous Robert Frost poem goes: 

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.



Road less traveled Reviewed by Sumer Sethi on Saturday, November 29, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Sumer's Radiology Blog © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger,

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

All contents copyrights with Sumer Sethi. Powered by Blogger.