I read with great interest the study by Demaerschalk et al in the September edition of Stroke, regarding the validity of smartphone-based assessment of brain CT scans in the context of acute stroke. The authors demonstrate a high level of agreement for identification of intracranial hemorrhage, neoplasm, or any radiological contraindication to thrombolysis on an iPhone 4 display compared with PACS and desktop. Especially in a country like ours stroke management would benefit greatly by using smart phones like iPhone & iPads. More work needs to be done n this in India in near future.
- ► 2014 (141)
- Telerad Providers featured in Hindustan Times
- Causes of Medical Malpractice Suits against Radiol...
- Grey Matter-DAMS National Quiz
- Top Medical PG Coaching Institute-DAMS
- Is it ethical to add to referring physician's orde...
- Radiology Department on a Hospital Ship-Africa Mer...
- Stroke & Smart Phones
- DICOM Conference in India
- Oncological CT Follow Up-Linked to Second Cancer I...
- Stensen's Duct-MRI
- Achilles Tendinopathy-MRI
- The Beatles & CT- History that you never knew
- LAD SPASM
- Now Sony offer innovative Radiology products.
- Occipital Encephalocele: Fetal MRI
- 10th Year of RadBlogging
- ▼ January (17)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (282)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (191)
- ► 2008 (194)
- ► 2007 (131)
- ► 2006 (221)
- ► 2005 (158)