Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Radiology News

radiology

Sunshine Vitamin Deficiency for Radiologists?

This was brought to my notice by a very senior orthopedician in Delhi on his daily rounds. He had just seen a senior radiologist with vague body pain and microfractures due to possible vitamin D deficiency. His lifestyle was walking into MRI department at 8am and going back at 8pm. No sunlight in the entire day. Well it kind of scared me as my lifestyle and possibly most of the radiologists i know of is similar. Tried to search the internet for this, but got nothing for radiologist population.  We radiologists most of the time don't even get filtered sunshine.

Vitamin D levels amongst Doctors and comparison between clinicians and radiologists might yield interesting results.

What are your opinions?  Feel free to share in the comments section.
Sunshine Vitamin Deficiency for Radiologists? Reviewed by Sumer Sethi on Thursday, December 02, 2010 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a 33 year old radiologist and recently had blood work done. Out of interest, I asked that my vitamin D levels be checked. To my surprise, My levels were 1/2 of the allowable lower limit. I have no other medical problems. I do recommend that all radiologists have their serum vitamin D levels checked. There is a link to accelerated CHD and low serum vitamin D levels.

All Rights Reserved by Sumer's Radiology Blog © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger,

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

All contents copyrights with Sumer Sethi. Powered by Blogger.