"What is an under-the-table imaging request? Most radiologists encounter it at some point in their career, be it a foot radiograph for a nurse whose big toe was crushed by a stretcher wheel, a chest radiograph for a coughing ER physician or a gallbladder ultrasound for a healthy-looking resident with right upper quadrant pain. Instead of going through proper channels, the above patients may approach a radiologist or even a radiologic technologist directly and ask for what they think is an appropriate imaging study. There are multiple reasons why such unofficial imaging should be categorically denied and all patients should be directed to seek proper medical attention."
- ► 2014 (126)
- ► 2013 (213)
- ► 2012 (229)
- ► 2011 (282)
- ► 2010 (171)
- ► 2009 (191)
- ► 2008 (194)
- ► 2007 (131)
- PET imaging for Carotid Plaque Evaluation
- "Under The Table" Imaging
- Radiology Grand Rounds VI Are Up
- Posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome (PRES...
- Radiology Job Market
- Submissions are requested for the Sixth Radiology ...
- More on CT Radiation concerns
- More on Gadolinium adverse effects
- Doctor Google!
- A New Radiological Image Library
- Holoprosencephaly And Patau Syndrome
- Undergoing CT in Pregnancy-Drink Barium Sulphate A...
- Stories about X-Ray Vision and Superman
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2005 (158)