Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Radiology News

radiology

Gaolinium-Neurotoxicity??

In an article by Maramattom BV et al, Gadolinium encephalopathy in a patient with renal failure in Neurology 2005 Apr 12;64(7):1276-8 authors discuss a case of gadolinium encephalopathy.
"Gadolinium chelates are extensively used in MRI studies. Neurotoxicity due to gadolinium chelates is minimal and uncommon. A 57-year-old woman in renal failure developed a subacute encephalopathy after inadvertent repetitive gadolinium contrast administration. An unusual MRI appearance with CSF hyperintensity due to gadolinium diffusion into the CSF is also shown"
Gaolinium-Neurotoxicity?? Reviewed by Sumer Sethi on Sunday, March 26, 2006 Rating: 5

1 comment:

anaise35 said...

Hi, I am a 38yr old woman who had a gadolinium 10 days ago. I had 2 injections, each one 2 days apart. after the second one I developed drowsiness, dizziness, headache, nausea, parathesia. It is now 10 days later and im so messed up I cant even think straight, cant drive, my memory is messed up, cant concentrate, dizzy, very drugged feeling. How would I know if the gad was neurotoxic? my doc says he has had patients feel this way and they get better in a few weeks. Im scared....nervous and upset. Whaqt are the odds that this was neurotoxic, I have normal kidney function. Thanks...Antoinette

All Rights Reserved by Sumer's Radiology Blog © 2014 - 2015
Powered By Blogger,

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

All contents copyrights with Sumer Sethi. Powered by Blogger.